This is what the UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT’s role is. These are the services that GOOD GOVERNMENT provides for its citizens, under balanced, intelligent LEADERSHIP.
The powerful storm system Irene has weakened to a tropical storm, but authorities warn that its 65-mph winds are still very dangerous.
In other developments:
– New York City’s Hudson and East Rivers overflowed
– River water began flooding into Manhattan’s streets
– 3 million people are without electricity and FEMA officials say it could be days before power is restored
– Parts of outer Philadelphia were flooded as high as street-sign levels
– At least 11 have died in five states due to the storm
Please feel free to drop links or comments about how things are going in your neck-o-the-woods!