Merry Christmas, Everyone!

merry christmas banner photo: merry christmas banner merrychristmasbanner.gif

3ChicsPolitico wishes all of our commenters, readers, followers, friends and guests a very Merry Christmas. May your day be filled with love, joy, good food and good cheer.

Christmas candles 90Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas” is a song introduced by Judy Garland in the 1944 MGM musical Meet Me in St. Louis. Frank Sinatra later recorded a version with modified lyrics, which has become more common than the original. The song was credited to Hugh Martin and Ralph Blane, although during a December 21, 2006 NPR interview, Martin said that Blane had encouraged him to write the song but had not had anything more to do with writing it. In 2007, ASCAP ranked “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas” the third most performed Christmas song written by ASCAP members of the past five years.[

This entry was posted in Christmas Songs, Current Events, Music, News, Open Thread, Politics and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

56 Responses to Merry Christmas, Everyone!

1. eliihass says:

A very Merry Christmas to my other family…SG, Ametia, Rikyrah, Liza, Yahtzee, Sunshine, Kathleeen, Tyren, VitaminLover and all the great people who inhabit this wonderful place…

Hope everyone’s having a fantastic time full of love, great food, wonderful family, great company…

Hope everyone’s Christmas was satisfying especially in the food department!

• yahtzeebutterfly says:

I hope yours was wonderful also, Vitaminlover :)

Merry Christmas, vitaminlover. I made a horrible pumpkin pie, the only person in the western hemisphere ever to do so. I am blaming Trader Joe’s organic canned pumpkin. All the other food was great.

• Good morning, Liza. I’m sorry about your pie. I’ll bet the dumplings was so delicious. Try the pie again and it’ll be great. I didn’t get to buy sweet potato pie. Store was out. But we had pecan pie. No one touched it.

No one touched the pecan pie? That is so funny. It is one of my favorites that I NEVER eat anymore. The chicken and dumplings were pretty good this time but they need work. Not as good as mom’s.

Now you’ve got me thinking about Texas pecan pie, heated, with vanilla ice cream. Those were the days…

• No one touched the Brown cake either.

Yeah, I think that the days of some of these high fat, high sugar desserts are numbered. I sold my big Kitchen Aid mixer on Craigslist last year and now I just have a small hand held which I never use.

• vitaminlover says:

I understand about the pumpkin pie, Liza. I can’t bake pie, nor cake nor biscuits. However my yeast rolls came out great except for the half that I bake that were expired. Didn’t think it would make a difference but it did. The fresh package with the rolls came out nice but those others YEESH!

• I can’t make biscuits either. I buy them in a can. Folks on Twitter told me to try bisquick mix.

• vitaminlover says:

But you know, Southern, biscuits from scratch taste soooooo good! I have tried and mine weigh more than they did before I put them in the oven….tee hee!

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!

Finished my first meal. Giving myself a break before I go in for dessert: Lemon pound cake with a lemon glaze. I have my water chilling in the freezer….can’t wait to put a little heat on the cake and then drink the ice cold water.

I don’t care what anyone says…

Tiny Houses are CRAZY!!!

They are CRAZY if it’s just one person.

More than one person?

BOTH of you need to be studied by a doctor.

9. Sending my love, thoughts, prayers to the family of #SandraBland & to all who are grieving the loss of their loved ones. My heart is with you.

Merry Christmas from the great American southwest, y’all. Feliz Navidad!

11. My ear is healed. No swelling. No pain. Thank you for your prayers.

12. It took me awhile to get rolling again this morning but I’m back at it. I was so tired last night. I don’t have much to do, I made most of my dishes yesterday. My kids spent the night and my daughter is finishing up.

Washington Post ✔ @washingtonpost
    The little girl who asked for Christmas cards got more than 1 million — inlcluding one from the Obamas http://wapo.st/1J7Vs4b

From the First Couple

JENEÉ OSTERHELDT
    DECEMBER 4, 2015 2:53 PM
    Here’s what makes ‘The Wiz Live’ so good and so important
    I showed up Thursday night with homemade Yellow Brick Road butter cake. Because “The Wiz” deserved a celebration.

Our party had Munchkin Land streamers, witchalicious Evillene orange fizzy drinks, a gold carpet and neon pink Munchkin Land cake, too.

We wore silver shoes. Our cast of parents, aunties and cousins in this south Kansas City home sang, danced and laughed for nearly three hours during NBC’s wonderful “Wiz Live!” broadcast.

There were little girls as young as 8 and grown women refined at 62. Some of them remembered seeing the 1975 Broadway musical starring Stephanie Mills (who returned as Aunt Em here). All of us had seen the movie with Michael Jackson and Diana Ross. None of us were disappointed in the newest remix of this soulful adaptation of “The Wizard of Oz.”

“Look at all these generations in this room,” said Nicole Williams, mama to 8-year-old Savanna, my gracious host. “We’re all here. This movie brought us all together.”

………………………………

This was more than a live special, a nostalgic nod. This was a coming together for thousands of families and friends around the country — and in a south Kansas City den.

As soon as Scarecrow started singing “You Can’t Win,” Savanna’s lanky 8-year-old arms soared in the air with excitement.

“He did that,” she yelled, arms swaying like a choir soloist at church on Sunday morning. As I looked around her den I was looking at love.

Her auntie, Carri Ellis, 45, remembered the message she gained the first time she saw the play.

“I’m a child again,” she told us. “As a girl, the play gave me confidence. It was all about disregarding the negativity, getting the garbage out of your mind and believing in yourself. I think this storyline is even more important today with all that is going on in the world. It’s important we are reminded to look inside ourselves, to rise above the bad and come together.”

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/living/liv-columns-blogs/jenee-osterheldt/article48010335.html#storylink=cpy

MERRY CHRISTMAS, EVERYONE :)