A fire chief from Pennsylvania has apologized for calling Steelers coach Mike Tomlin a “no-good n*gger” after his team did not come out onto the field for the national anthem during this Sunday’s game against the Chicago Bears.

CBS Pittsburgh reports that Paul Smith, the chief of the volunteer fire department in Cecil Township, Pennsylvania, posted on Facebook that Tomlin “just added himself to the list of no-good n*ggers” for his decision to note take the field during the anthem.

“Yes, I said it,” Smith added afterward.

“I’m completely upset, especially for a town like this, coming from the fire chief, that’s disrespectful in my eyes,” said Cecil Township resident Dylan Pareso. “I don’t agree with it one bit.”

Smith apparently realized that he’d made a big mistake, as he quickly sent a message to CBS Pittsburgh apologizing for his racist rant.

“I am embarrassed at this,” he said. “I want to apologize. I was frustrated and angry at the Steelers not standing the anthem. This had nothing to do with my Fire Department. I regret what I said.”

This entry was posted in Black Lives Matter, Current Events, hate, News, Open Thread, Police bruality, Police violence, Protests, Racial Oppression, racial terror, White Supremacy and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

39 Responses to Pennsylvania fire chief calls Steelers coach Mike Tomlin a ‘no-good nigger’ over NFL protests

1. Nissi says:

Hatred at the highest levels

2. Update, folks! Paul Smith has resigned.

4. nedhamson says:

Not embarrassed; just afraid he will lose his job for sharing his daily, run of the mill racism. He just forgot he was not in his office, an elevator, his fire station or his bathroom where he feels free to launch racists rants whenever he wants to. I am sure loads of people in his town already know he is a racist and now they may have to apologize too to cover up their racism or willingness to not confront that of others.

6. Liked by 2 people

8. coach4divas says:

The article says:
    “Many people in the town reacted angrily to Smith’s post, and said it was inappropriate for a town official to spout racism.”

Just so I’m clear. It’s ok to BE racist, just don’t spout it and make us look bad?

10. The preacher, y’all. God is exposing them all.

11. Liked by 2 people

17. Well. Well. Looky here..

18. Cindy says:

And who do you think is fueling all of this hatred in this great United States of America. It’s Trump. Wake up people before he destroys everyone.

19. Cindy says:

Not acceptable. Fire this volunteer fire chief.

22. So what’s a good nigger? FIRE HIS ASS TODAY

23. yahtzeebutterfly says:

Well, in my mind, he just disqualified himself from being a fire chief.

24. No he’s not. He thinks it will give him a pass. In his post Paul Smith wrote, “Yes I said it”. He meant every word.

• majiir says:

As far as I’m concerned, Smith can keep his apology. If he hadn’t meant to write what he wrote, he never would have taken to the world’s largest social media platform to use a derogatory term to refer to one of his fellow citizens. I thank him for making his private feelings public, so we all now know that he is a despicable POS. I have zero sympathy for him outing himself as a racist and having to deal with the negative blow back he’s receiving.

28. Jammie Knox says:

He should be fired IMMEDIATELY! How many people have said shit like this have lost theor jobs immediately? I think there should be a petition to have him removed from his position.

Uh huh