Wednesday Open Thread | James Ingram

This thread is dedicated to Signer/songwriter James Ingram. Bless you, for all the joy and heart-opening music you’ve brought to lives, Mr. Ingram.

Grammy-Winning Singer James Ingram Dies at 66 from Brain Cancer

James Ingram is a singer, keyboardist and songwriter, probably best remembered for his and Patti Austin’s duet, ‘Baby Come To Me’.
James was born in Ohio, relocating to Los Angeles as a young man.

In Los Angeles, he performed with his group, Revelation Funk.

He also took to opportunity to play keyboards for Ray Charles (he played keyboards for Leon Haywood, as well), before setting out on his own solo career.

James’ brother, Phillip, was part of the Motown group, Switch.
He also served as demo singer for various publishing companies, an occupation that led to his meeting and working with Quincy Jones.
In 1981, James had the opportunity to provide vocal input to Quincy’s album, ‘The Dude’.
James sang on the songs ‘Just Once’ and ‘One Hundred Ways’.
He was awarded triple Grammy nominations, which included a nomination for Best New Artist.

Playlist–ENJOY

105 Responses to Wednesday Open Thread | James Ingram

Ain’t it the truth…

5. eliihass says:

6. eliihass says:

7. eliihass says:

😒😒😒

Heartbreaking…

11. I use to love watching @DeadlineWH. Steve Schmidt is making me sick. CLICK! 🔇🔇🔇🔇🔇

I don’t want to hear what #SteveSchmidt has to say EVER AGAIN. I don’t even want to look at him. People like him will do anything for a price. 💵

Uh huh 😒

THREAD 😠😠😠😠

• eliihass says:

Arrrggghh… This makes me so mad!
      And to see people excusing and even justifying it, makes me violently ill..

• eliihass says:

Thankfully, there are still a few people out there with real values..

Manarkist+Blaque
      9 hours ago
      I’m in a 22-year marriage to a woman I will do anything for.
      If she were stricken with this disease, my vows to her says as the day I put the ring on her finger, ‘Til sickness and death..”
      I will walk the last mile with my wife if it were that way and after I bury her and if I felt the need, THEN I would decide to pursue girlfriends or whatever. he’s looking like a soft, self-indulgent toxic PoS right now.

James Williams Jr
      3 hours ago
      I can speak about this situation first-hand.

My late wife and I were married over 27 years, and shared four children (our first child died at eight months). More precisely, I was married 9,978 days, 8 hours and 50 minutes. My wife took her last breath in my arms. She died from complications from an array of neurological disorders, primarily multiple sclerosis.

The last six years of her life, she was physically unable to have sex; lost much of her mental and emotional capacity, and was bed ridden. The last three years, I had to carry her everywhere: to the bathroom, to eat, to watch television. I had to clean her body and her soiled garments and bed sheets; ensure her medications were accurate and take, transport her to the doctor, and love her with kindness and care.

Sure, she was angry — vented at me — but that was the frustration of losing your daily facilities. The last year of her life was spent in and out of Johns Hopkins.

When I took my vows of marriage, I said it was until death do us part, to maintain true and faithful through sickness and health, for better and for poorer. Period.

My late wife, about two years before she died, once said “James, you deserve better than this. Look for someone else to make you happy.”

My response? “I have always thanked God for whatever he gives of you to me every day. Somebody didn’t get up this morning. That somebody could have been you. Or me. But it wasn’t. For that, I am grateful, fortunate, blessed.” When she took her last breath in my arms, I quoted that scripture “Lord, I fought the good fight, I have finished my course; I have kept the faith.”

I don’t deserve an award or special praise for keeping the vows I promised before God, family and friends. Every wife and husband should do the same.

Keep your promises.

22 minutes ago
        B. Smith has a considerable fortune. Dan can afford live-in care that would relieve the burden, without flaunting his girlfriend to the social media and WaPo world and putting her in his wife’s face all day.

But that would eat his inheritance and perhaps force him to work for a living.

5 minutes ago
        Anyone who lives in NYC, frequented B Smith, worked in the arts/fashion world with her knew Dan for the low-life that he was back then and now. He has always been a lowlife and many of her acquaintances warned her about him way back then. No surprise that he thinks that his behavior is okay. It’s very easy to attach this story to this f…ery. The lowlife now has the whore that he deserves. He never deserved B.

His Black wife, does not know the context of this White lady in HER home.
        Yet he wants to flaunt, making this a Public spectacle (which can be discussed since he’s throwing it all out there for us to see). Instead of being a cheating jerk in private.
        Plus the step daughter seems so nonchalant, I’m sure she doesnt have to work either, why complain, they all are cashing in. While B is in her own bubble, so sick!

If B were my mom, aunt, anything, I’d slap him!

9 hours ago
      WHAT kind of woman of substance and character would even THINK of capitalizing on a wife, yes a WIFE’s illness and vulnerability? May Alex get exactly what she deserves: a miserable life with an arrogant, selfish jerk.

3 hours ago
      Let’s keep it real here. The only reason he doesn’t have an in house provider is because he would burn thru B Smith’s money and he wouldn’t be able to maintain the life style. Long term care is pricey. Once the money is gone so is his girlfriend. So let’s get this straight. No one In that household has a job!! Not Dan, his daughter nor girlfriend. What opportunists.

19 hours ago
      What an ugly thing for the husband to do. The fact that he is so desperate to have his affair on social media is very telling about who he is as a man. Here is a wife who can’t consent to any of this and he is using her fame and money to seek clout and influence on social media.

And as for that woman. People don’t find her behavior distasteful just because she is white, but maybe she is behaving so horribly toward an ill woman out of a sense of entitlement. Can’t imagine how any woman would think moving her things into a sick woman’s house and making love to HER husband while spending HER money is anything other than predatory. Just because you smile while you do it, doesn’t make it right. Senior and disability advocates need to look into this. A vulnerable person is being used for social media clout and money. In sickness and in health.

• eliihass says:

And to those who try to justify this because they claim dementia and Alzheimer’s means the person is ‘dead’ already, this commenter has a spot on response..

18 hours ago
        I have Alzheimers in my family too and B has NOT died. What a sick, self-serving thing to say. She’s sick but she’s not dead. When you pretend that people who are very much alive are already dead, you can justify all kinds of betrayal and barbarity against them.

I can’t say too much about what her husband does privately with his girlfriend but to parade her around publicly while his wife is still alive amounts to taunting and I find it sick, twisted, misogynist, and extremely passive aggressive.

18 hours ago
        Some of us have had numerous Alzheimers patients in our families and none of them were publicly taunted with their partners betrayal. So, yeah, I will judge him for that.

And here’s a man (one of those conveniently defending and justifying this nonsense of course – because those defending it are all guilty of doing or potentially pulling this same sort of crap) boasting of already cheating on his wife who has breast cancer ..

Rockvillers
        1 day ago
        Same for breast cancer. My wife is too sick with chemo. I have a FWB who understand my needs.

And here’s the response from a good man whose wife has had breast cancer – twice!
        Nopar King
        23 hours ago
        Don’t know your situation and it is really none of my business. Your wife may recover, mine did twice. I just hope whatever choices you’re making now to get through this don’t bite you later on. Good luck to you and your wife.

2 days ago
        A culture adrift that will justify anything for convenience.

• rikyrah says:

I took care of my mother for the last six years of her life. Until the last month, she was at home. I swing between heartache for B, and pure unadulterated rage at the scum she married. My mother was the youngest child of a large family. I spent 20 years, assisting her with her far older siblings and their ilnesses. I have to stay in my rage, because, this is such an insult to the average Family caretaker, who toils away, unsung, with no appreciation.

To look at this azzhole?😠😠😠

• eliihass says:

16. Y’all I’m obsessed with this. Maybe because I hate cold so much?

Awe 😍

18. @ametia @rikyrah

Lord have mercy………………….

• Ametia says:

SHIT.JUST.GOT.REAL. 🥶 🥶 ❄️ 💨

• eliihass says:

Hope you – and Rik in Chicago, are staying warm.. this is seriously treacherously cold .. Hopefully, each affected region has made provisions for the homeless.. I can’t even imagine what folks are going through in this sort of weather..

I heard on the news that the corneas of your eyes could freeze if your eyes are not protected when you’re outside. Of course, most people are probably trying not to go outside.

21. LORD JESUS!

The coldest place in the continental U.S.: Temperatures sink to minus-48, wind chills to minus-65 in one Minnesota city

Temperatures in Norris Camp, Minn., dropped to minus-48 degrees this morning, making the city the coldest reporting location in the Lower 48 as of Wednesday afternoon. The mercury is forecast to rise slightly before plummeting again to extreme lows early Thursday.
    From Minnesota to Michigan, the polar vortex brought with it a slew of school closures, mail service interruptions and airline flight cancellations.

Read more » https://s2.washingtonpost.com/f9430e/5c51f3e2e6e81b54008cdda5/YXdhcmVvZjQxMUBnbWFpbC5jb20%3D/2/10/3a569220054ddfca9b49a25bb24a75b5

I am home. Peanut is with me- no schools open. It got to -17 TEMPERATURE SO FAR.

Not wind chill.

Temperature 😲😲😲

28. We are surviving by the Grace and Mercy of God……….

His goal is to destroy America. He’s the enemy within.

Predictable. And I’m sure the plan is to have her take the stand and boo hoo hoo her way out of this.

Good question.

31. This is terrorism! Find this mofo!

35. Meghan ❤️❤️❤️

36. Talk to daughter this morning. She says Carson wakes up and tells her morning, morning. He loves watching this one cartoon and tries to sing along. 😍😍😍

37. I don’t know how @rikyrah survives up there in Chicago. I couldn’t. No way!

38. Damn! He resembles Stephen Miller.

39. @rikyrah please keep warm

Thread

Hmmm🤔🤔

😠😠😠

😅😅😅

😒😒😒

🤔🤔🤔

😒😒😒

Thank you, Mr. Ingram, for your talent and sharing it with the world.
    RIP😫😫😪😪😥😥