Photo Gallery|President Obama’s Historic Visit to Sioux Nation

This entry was posted in Barack Obama, Culture, Current Events, Heritage, History, Honor, Native Americans, News, Open Thread, Politics, POTUS, President Obama, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Photo Gallery|President Obama’s Historic Visit to Sioux Nation

1. I’m still emotional about the Potus visit to Sioux Nation. It touched my heart.

2. CarolMaeWY says:

Reblogged this on Home Sweet Home WY and commented:
    Thanks 3ChicksPolitetico

3. Chant to the sun

TELL THE TRUTH, NANCY Smartypants, TELL.THE.TRUTH.

Sunday, June 15, 2014
    Preserving the soul
    Smartypants

There have been those over the years who have suggested that reveling in photos like the one above is simply succumbing to propaganda and/or engaging in hagiography. Of course I disagree.

In particular, this photo of the first African American President and First Lady finding such joy in meeting a young Native American girl speaks volumes as a symbol of our hope for healing from a bloody and painful history.

Read the rest here:

5. bjw2 says:

These pictures made my eyes well up. Thank you for posting them. The American corporate media sealed their fate with me for their non coverage of this historic beautiful event. I saw on twitter where there was great interest in nudging the Obama administration in hosting a State Dinner for Native Americans. I actually think I would be balling my eyes out during the entire arrival ceremony.

But the American media will not cover this important history. They’d rather call out the wrongness and ugliness of other countries wrong-doings than focus on how Americans treat other AMERICANS, bashing our president, and glorifying white celebrities, tea-bagging polls, and treasonous spies who steal government data.

What I love most is the SOUL to SOUL connection POTUS & FOTUS makes with EYE-EYE CONTACT. You can NOT fake it, with the eyes, because they truly are the windows of SOUL.

and children more than the adults know when they are experiences this spiritual connection with another, because they are still closer to God and have not yet been TARNISHED by the ugliness of being here on this ash can of the universe called EARTH.

Thank you, SG2, for bringing us the beauty and truth of the ORIGINAL AMERICANS in photos.

Well said, Ametia.

The pictures are beautiful. The children greeting PBO and Flotus are adorable.

• Yahtc says:

Yes, thank you for your excellent coverage of this wonderful event!

” I’m truly touched by the vibrancy and love for culture, celebration, joy for America these photos EMBODY.”

Ametia, I am, too!

I love these pictures. A number of them brought tears to my eyes. The thought that this is only the 4th American President to visit makes me sad. What makes me happy is the pictures. Look at the vibrancy there. Look at all the beautiful colors. Look at these Native Americans expressing themselves in their culture, with those American flags, because they ARE Americans. They are the original Americans.

Thank you for this fabulous gallery of pictures.

Doesn’t he and First Lady Obama look so comfortable? They just don’t meet any strangers!

• Ametia says:

yes; they are GENUINE, NATURAL, and they feel a connection to all life. That’s spiritual, you can NOT manufacture/FAKE it. It takes discipline and a love for the creator to nurture God’s love and share it with others.