Thursday Open Thread | 2016 Tony Award Winners: Leslie Odom Jr.

Today is the winner of Best Actor in a Musical: Leslie Odom Jr., for Hamilton, where he played Aaron Burr.

Lesie Odom Jr-1

Lesie Odom Jr-2

He did a series on Broadway.com called Aaron Burr, Sir- Backstage with Leslie Odom Jr. They are up to Episode 6.

Lesie Odom Jr-3

Lesie Odom Jr-4

Lesie Odom Jr-5

Lesie Odom Jr-6

Lesie Odom Jr-7

Lesie Odom Jr-8

This entry was posted in African Americans, Black History, Culture, Music, Open Thread, Politics and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Thursday Open Thread | 2016 Tony Award Winners: Leslie Odom Jr.

1. yahtzeebutterfly says:

“Fifth-grader Benjamin Giroux has touched the hearts of thousands after he wrote a poem (pictured) about himself as a class assignment earlier this month to celebrate National Poetry Month

?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

3. yahtzeebutterfly says:

?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

I needed this

TPM’s take on the Trump Meeting:

Trump was asked – not surprisingly and not unreasonably – what about your unpopularity with Hispanics voters and what about down-ballot races? Trump’s response: No, Hispanics love me!

This is obviously ridiculous on its face. The GOP is generally unpopular with Hispanics and Trump is personally unpopular with Hispanic Americans at a level that is historic and unprecedented. We know this from a limitless trove of public opinion data. As a factual matter, it’s no more ridiculous than the 12th Article of the Constitution Trump pledged to protect or numerous other examples of Trump nonsense. But it has a particular import here…

If I were a Republican member of Congress and heard what Trump said, I’d be angry. And I strongly suspect many of them were. If I’m a GOP member of Congress I hear that and think, “Damn, you’ve got zero plan to ensure I don’t lose my job. I can’t even tell if you care. But you definitely haven’t even thought about it.”

Percysowner says:
    July 7, 2016 at 2:35 pm
    Well apparently in response to the question “If you win the Presidency, will you serve?”, which .should be answered by a definitive yes, Trump said “I’ll let you know how I feel about it after it happens.”. I guess we could call this how Newt/Christie/Ivanka becomes President? I mean WTF?

10. yahtzeebutterfly says:

11. yahtzeebutterfly says:

This will end in acquittal, without a doubt. Judge Barry Williams hasn’t got the balls of a field mouse. F*** him.

Good Morning 😊, Everyone 😆