My colleague over at Mirror on America – Angry Independent- did a SWOT analysis of the President and his chances.
Sunday, June 17, 2012
Obama SWOT List for 2012
Obama SWOT Analysis for Election 2012
1. Considerable accomplishments in 4 years.
2. Helped to stop the free falling Bush economy…. Preventing an even bigger calamity.
3. Several months of positive job growth (including more net new jobs than the Bush Admin produced).
5. He’s the incumbent – almost always a strength. He’s a known character now…although Republicans still want to highlight his non-white “otherness” through the spread of misinformation in order to create fear and uncertainty.
6. Supports a set of Progressive principles that are largely supported by the American public. When Progressive ideals are broken down into specific policy positions, those positions tend to have public support. When positions are explained clearly, without media distortions/misinformation, and when Progressives are able to get their message out, the public usually supports the Progressive view on most of the major issues and challenges facing the Country, from Healthcare (when taken piece by piece), on investing in education, on the need to invest in infrastructure, on taxes, on the approach to debt reduction, on energy, on supporting small businesses, on keeping jobs in the U.S., on women’s rights, on Medicare….Progressives win on just about every major issue.
7. He was able to find and eliminate Osama bin Laden under his watch. Obama has effectively neutralized perceived Republican strengths on national security.
8. Has, for the most part (until recently) been able to avoid the wedge issue trap….issues usually brought up by the GOP as a way to divide the electorate & divide the Country.
9. He has a strong grassroots network already in place.
10. Has the funds for a long political fight.
11. He is a strong charismatic campaigner.
12. Strong support from women and minorities.
13. More in touch with the average voter.
Read the rest at the link above.