Monday Open Thread | Billy Joel Week

Happy Monday, Everyone. Welcome to Billy Joel Week. Because I love BILLY JOEL, OK.

My Life- “I don’t need you to worry; THIS IS MY LIFE.”

About Ametia

I am a Spiritual traveler, a devoted wife, mother, sister, lover of dream study, reading, theater, music, dance, and thought-provoking discussions on love, life, humor and service.
This entry was posted in Current Events, Music, Politics and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

69 Responses to Monday Open Thread | Billy Joel Week

hollering!!!!

…………………………

WHY 13% OF BLACK MEN VOTED FOR DONALD TRUMP, EXPLAINED

According to exit poll numbers, 13% of the Black men who voted in the Presidential election voted for Donald Trump.

Yeah, I know.

……………………………………….

Can you explain how that happened? Why would 13% of Black men vote for this man?

Because some niggas is stupid.

Really? Some niggas is stupid? That’s your explanation?

Yes. There’s really no need to expound. 13% of niggas just don’t have the good sense God and Issac Hayes gave them.

………………………
    So if you happen to meet a grown-ass dumb-ass nigga, know that his stupidity is intentional. Premeditated. Calculated. That he’s had decades worth of grandmas and teachers and coaches and homies and barbers and lovers desperately trying to iron some sense into his natural Black ass — some even willing to sacrifice their own asses for his — but he was so set on being a dumb motherfucker that it didn’t matter. Know that this nigga tried his damn hardest to be dumb; he studied stupidity; he gave more effort — more blood, sweat, and tears — into intellectual fuckshitlery than anything else.
    Be afraid of that nigga. Be very afraid.

7. yahtzeebutterfly says:

When I posted about the safety pin, it was in my spirit to put myself in a more direct, intervening action that I thought might help. But, now I have been doing some listening and some reading.

This was helpful for me:

“And white people, you give permission to this culture every day you do nothing more than have ‘conversations on race.’ You don’t get to just have conversations anymore. You don’t get to just wear a safety pin and call yourself an ally. You don’t get to just talk while the rest of us fear for our lives because discrimination, rape culture, and xenophobia just won the White House…

“Keep your safety pin.

“The work of freedom is messy, dangerous, and intentionally uncomfortable. Here’s a simple test: If the action step you’re taking isn’t really costing you your comfort, chances are you’re not doing enough.

“I can walk past you and see your safety pin, but will you stop, film, and intervene if you see me being pulled over or assaulted? I can listen to your progressive chatter at the water cooler, but are you protecting Planned Parenthood and a woman’s right to choose? You can tell me my life matters on Twitter, but will you show me my life matters when I need you to wait a day asking me for data because the election results have made me physically ill? Or that my queer co-worker matters when their colleagues misgender them? Or that my undocumented students matter when they need real protection?

“Getting in the way to protect the vulnerable, building something new that empowers the marginalized, and endangering yourself to shield others are the acts of an accomplice. We need no more allies — we need accomplices. ”

Excerpted from
    “White people: what is your plan for the Trump presidency?” by Brittany Packnett

RIP, Gwen Ifill.

11. Breaking News!

OMG!

12. The gall of Joy Reid asking if the media is to blame for Trump when she was cheering Hillary every step of the way and feeding her supporters what they wanted to hear. GTFOOH

diana-ross-gif

NPR ya’ll

NPR’S MASTER CLASS IN WHITEWASHING THE STEVE BANNON APPOINTMENT

Reince Priebus, Stephen Bannon Picked For Key White House Posts

Let us be clear. The hiring of Steve Bannon as a WH policy adviser is exactly the same as hiring David Duke. Please don't normalize this.— Charles P. Pierce (@ESQPolitics) November 13, 2016

//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js

These folks who are “normalizing” Trump are just making me think more and more of similarities to Nazi Germany.

While thinking about Nazi Germany, here’s a sobering thought.

I looked this up yesterday because I didn’t know the exact number, I just knew it was huge:

“Between 1933 and 1945, Nazi Germany and its allies established more than 40,000 camps and other incarceration sites. The perpetrators used these sites for a range of purposes, including forced labor, detention of people thought to be enemies of the state, and mass murder. The total number of sites is based upon ongoing research in the perpetrators’ own records.”

For those whose knowledge of WWII comes from movies and perhaps a few documentaries, they might associate concentration camps with names like Auschwitz, Treblinka, Dachau, and so forth. While these may have been the worst of the worst, the focus on them seems to diminish the understanding of how many of these places actually existed.

So, my point is that this huge number kind of shoots holes into the theory that most folks didn’t know what was going on.

This is just meant as a sober reminder of what people can tolerate happening to other people in the form of human rights violations.

We must have zero tolerance. And first we must find a way to get these media buffoons who share a large part of the responsibility for this debacle to stop white washing it.

16. Can’t say 3chicspolitico didn’t try to warn people…we have the thread posts to prove it.

17. JOY REID!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. Is this a joke coming from Joy Reid? Did she so soon forget what she did to Bernie Sanders?

Are journalists to blame for Trump’s win?

Do big brown bears sh!! in the woods?

That’s all I got, SG2, that’s all I got.

• Please add Joy Reid to your list. She was out of control with bias, straight giddy while clamoring for Hillary Clinton and bashed Bernie throughout the primaries. Watch and see..she’ll get her walking papers. It’s only a matter of time.

Yeah, I unfollowed Ms. Reid on Twitter a long time ago. I unfollowed all of the HRC cheerleaders, the famous and the not-so-famous. The Bernie bashing along with their HRC revisionism was more than I could take.

20. Liked by 2 people

21. …Good luck with that

“The former running back would like the president-elect to appoint him as head of the President’s Council on Fitness, Sports and Nutrition.”

Well, maybe Mr. Walker. But first you’ve got to show them what you can do with a straw hat and a cane and some tap dancing shoes.

• eliihass says:

And he doesn’t even know to ask for something ‘big league’…freaking volunteer position on the Fitness Council..

What a dum-dum..

If you’re going to sell your soul to the devil…ask for something huge dammit…

Make the mockery you’ll get worth something…

25. yahtzeebutterfly says:

26. Good morning? On my way out into the crisp cold air. Long day ahead. Have a great one everyone.

27. Hollaring! Black folks need to quit.

Grandma what you cooking for Thanksgiving

Kent State, 1970