Make NO mistake about it, That empty chair stunt by Eastwood was the Romney camp’s continued motion of dogwhistling to their base. Eastwood talks down to the INVISIBLE BLACK POTUS, like he is a man- child. Ann Romney’s comments about “time for “grownups to take charge” in the WH. There is a segment of America that do not and will not EVER acknowledge Barack Hussein Obama as their President.
THIS SEAT’S TAKEN
THERE GOT THAT OFF MY CHEST. Now on to the roundup of Romney FAIL:
Mitt Romney gave the biggest speech of his campaign last night—but he failed to offer any tangible ideas to move the country forward. Obama for America has released a new video that tells Americans what Romney didn’t say: http://bit.ly/S5pT02
Romney was full of gauzy platitudes, but he didn’t offer any specifics about his record or his vision.
· Ezra Klein asks, “Where was the policy?” http://wapo.st/NGO4dQ
· The Boston Globe breaks down the wide range of important issues Romney declined to touch: http://bo.st/PFNCCv
· ThinkProgress has compiled his 9 most egregious omissions: http://bit.ly/PFNK5a
· Plunderbund argues that since Romney allowed conservative extremists to write the GOP platform, he couldn’t help but play defense and avoid specifics: http://bit.ly/Px1Ill
Although Romney was sure to insult the scientific community by mocking President Obama’s efforts to address climate change, he didn’t mention the War in Afghanistan once.
· The Atlantic slams his “idiotic foreign policy riffs”: http://bit.ly/S5qaQG
· Even Bill Kristol was outraged at Romney’s decision to ignore the wars and fail to acknowledge our troops: http://bit.ly/PUSkbP
And just like his running mate the night before, Romney played fast and loose with the facts, knowingly repeating lies that have been thoroughly debunked by independent fact checkers.
· Jack & Jill Politics on how brazen the lies have become: http://bit.ly/SZLyGp
· Bloomberg walks us through the biggest falsehoods one by one: http://bloom.bg/TEqelK
· The New York Times delves into Romney’s attempts to reinvent history and dishonestly distort the foreign policy debate: http://nyti.ms/Px1PNO
· And Jobsanger characterizes the Romney-Ryan ticket as “two lying peas in a pod”: http://bit.ly/PFVDSx