Video | President Obama Holds a Town Hall: “Guns in America”

Updated with full video of President Obama’s Town hall on “Guns in America.”

“Obama wants to take away our guns!”

President Obama: “imaginary fiction”

About Ametia

I am a Spiritual traveler, a devoted wife, mother, sister, lover of dream study, reading, theater, music, dance, and thought-provoking discussions on love, life, humor and service.
This entry was posted in Gun control, Gun Violence, Health, Media, News, Police bruality, Politics, POTUS, President Obama and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

30 Responses to Video | President Obama Holds a Town Hall: “Guns in America”

twitter truth

Here you go Liza!

Poll: Republicans Would Rather Actually Be Shot by Gun Than Agree with Obama
    By Andy Borowitz

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—A day after President Obama held a nationally televised town hall about guns in America, a new poll shows that a majority of Republicans would rather actually be shot by a firearm than agree with him.

In an indication of the challenges facing the President in persuading Republicans, those surveyed named a wide variety of specific guns that they would choose to be personally shot by rather than seeing eye to eye with Obama.

Opinions

Gabrielle Giffords: We can no longer wait for a Congress in the gun lobby’s grip to act

By Gabrielle Giffords January 7 at 7:19 PM

The writer, a Democrat from Arizona, was a member of the U.S. House of Representatives from 2007 to 2012 and is a co-founder of Americans for Responsible Solutions.

The new year is a time of optimism and new commitments. For me, it’s also a powerful time for an additional reason: Every Jan. 8, I think about how close I came to losing my life on a bright winter morning five years ago in Tucson, when a would-be assassin opened fire on me and a group of my constituents, injuring 12 others and killing six.

I was shot in the head from three feet away, but somehow I survived.

I made a decision that my new life would be lived as my old life was: in service of
    our country. One thing that means for me today is using my second chance to do everything I can to make this great country safer from the kind of gun violence that took the lives of those around me and changed many others’, and mine, forever.

Why shouldn’t a weapon of death be regulated?

You want a gun?

Pay for the liability of having a gun.

I want to drive a car. I have to have car insurance.

Nobody forces me to own a car or drive it.

In order to have one, I am required to have liability insurance.

Why shouldn’t it be the same for guns?

Every car has a VIN Number.

Why shouldn’t every gun be traceable in this country from creation to who owns it?

There’s no tyranny in that.

Nobody forcing you to own a gun.
    So, background checks, being able to trace guns from production and owner to owner – these aren’t hard things.

Liability insurance for gun owners should be mandatory.

PBO called out the LYING, HISTRIONIC, CONSPIRACY THEORISTS

RIGHT.TO.THEIR.FACES. You know who you are too.

• eliihass says:

It was funny when the President kept going uh huh, uh huh when the little twerp from San Rafael, California representing the association of Firearms dealers was talking about how much they care and how the feel it’s their responsibility to make sure that people who have a criminal past, the mentally ill or people having a bad day don’t get possession of firearms – and how they take that responsibility seriously…

To which the President responded ‘…right..” LOL..

Some of these folks, THEY DON’T HAVE GOOD, COMMON, SENSE.

• eliihass says:

Or any sense at all…
      I just kept hitting my head against the wall…Where on earth does one begin to have a conversation with these kind of people…President Obama is to be applauded for engaging with some of these crazy folk who never come with sense, good intentions, or a willingness to hear and think about a different perspective…

And Anderson Cooper is incredibly disrespectful…I hope this is the last time he’s allowed into the President’s presence –

The NRA was present at the townhall. the lady who still, while raped and has a gun, thinks PBO wants her fucking gun!

And that AZ. sheriff? GTFOH

• eliihass says:

That Arizona Sheriff personifies all of that over-compensating for a teeny weeny bit syndrome..

That’s why I couldn’t be a politician…If it were up to me, that rubbish Sheriff would never be allowed in the presence of the President, least of all, get to speak to him…

Your husband was a coldblooded MURDERER

//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js

PBO flat out asked Anderson Cooper if he was accusing him of a conspiracy.

BAM!

The news sources of some of the folks in the audience is quite revealing.

INGRAINED in their DNA that OBAMA wants to take away their right to own a gun. SMGDH

If you are LAWABIDING, and pass a background check……

Mayor Michael Nutter, CHIN-Checking that Kevin dude.

Don’t try and blame PBO for not working with Congress, because they don’t like PBO. WE SEE YA’LL

20. I have to go somewhere in a little bit but I’ll be checking in often.

I am so biased for him that he can say whatever he wants, because I know he will speak from the heart and deep thought.

This man is supremely brilliant.