Here’s today’s Wes Montgomery tune.
Mitt Romney is embarking on an overseas trip to refine his foreign policy chops. Guess what folks, HE DOESN’T HAVE ANY SUBSTANTIVE. His foreign policy team are retreads from George W. Bush’s administration.
His first stop is in London to catch “RAFALCA,” Ann’s dressage horse compete in the 2012 London Olympics, with Poland and Israel to follow.
***********************FROM THINK PROGRESS*********************************
Two hundred and ninety-one days after his last foreign policy speech, Mitt Romney stood up once more to deliver a major foreign policy plan and—once again—failed to offer any new or even credible policy ideas.
Romney has long displayed a significant lack of knowledge and experience over the years when it comes to foreign policy. But the commander-in-chief only has one chance to make the right decision. Here’s a look at ten times Romney and his campaign got it wrong:
1. Romney “has been especially vague about how many U.S. forces he would keep in Afghanistan” and has no detailed plan for our engagement in the country.
2. Romney’s campaign said “real Americans” don’t care what Romney’s Afghanistan policy is.
4. Romney pledged “to do the opposite” of what President Obama has done for Israel, which includes record-level security funding.
5. Romney called Russia, a strategic partner of the United States on vital issues, America’s“number one geopolitical foe.”
6. When asked how he’d approach going to war with Iran, Romney has said he’d defer this lawyers: “You sit down with your attorneys” so they can “tell you what you have to do.”
8. Romney “fled down a hallway and escaped up an escalator” to avoid answering a reporter about his position on the NATO mission in Libya.
9. Romney called the fading power of Venezeula’s leader Hugo Chaveza serious threat to our national security.
10. Romney’s campaign said President Obama was not doing enough to protect Czechoslovakia—a country that no longer exists—from“the Soviets.”
SMGDH- SOVIET UNION!
UPDATE: Chris Matthews on Hardball’s – LET ME FINISH segment. That’s a WRAP!
Keep an eye on Romney. Let’s see if he can mix and mingle with those ANGLO-SAXONS in London and restore America’s greatness in the eyes of the Brits!