A new Congressional Budget Office (CBO) report estimates that the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) increased the number of people employed by between 200,000 and 1.5 million jobs in March. In other words, between 200,000 and 1.5 million people employed in March owed their jobs to the Recovery Act. This estimate, by Congress’ non-partisan economic and budget analysts, is more comprehensive than the 160,000 jobs that ARRA recipients reported in April, CBO explains.
Mitt Romney LIES:
As Mike Allen of Politico explains today, the Romney campaign and American Crossroads are undertaking a sustained attack (uncoordinated, of course, since coordination would be illegal) on the Obama administration’s economy policies
Mitt Romney’s campaign events and the firepower of American Crossroads will both focus this week on President Barack Obama’s jobs record as a way to fight off charges about the Republican candidate’s private-sector experience, with a Romney aide attacking the stimulus as “the mother of all earmarks….”
A senior campaign aide said Romney will argue that Obama has actually subtracted jobs: “Were these investments the best return on tax dollars, or given for ideological reasons, to donors, for political reasons? He spent $800 billion of everybody’s money. How’d it work out?”
“It was the mother of all earmarks, not a jobs plan,” the aide said. “By wasting all of this money, you had the worst of all worlds: It destroyed confidence in the economy and makes people less likely to borrow money. Dodd-Frank has been a disaster for the economy. Where are the steady hands? Who’s in charge of energy? Where’s the strong, confident voice on the economy?”
HERE’S MITT ROMNEY’S ECONOMIC PLAN FOR AMERICA:
1) Do you support eliminating the child tax credit?
2) Do you support eliminating the deduction for mortgage interest?
3) Do you support eliminating the National Weather Service and all of NOAA?
4) Do you support eliminating Pell Grants and student loans?
5) Do you support ending all federal spending on highways, air traffic control, and other forms of transportation?
6) Do you support shutting down FEMA?
7) Do you support shutting down federal prisons, the FBI, and other federal law enforcement agencies?
8) Do you support ending all foreign aid — including Israel?
9) Do you support eliminating NASA?
10) Do you support eliminating the FDA and all food safety inspections?
From Center on Budget and Policy Priorities
Statement of Robert Greenstein, President, on Chairman Ryan’s Budget Plan
Under Chairman Ryan’s budget, our nation would be a very different one — less fair and less generous, with an even wider gap between the very well-off and everyone else (especially between rich and poor) — and our society would be a coarser one.
It need not be this way. In 1990, 1993, and 1997, policymakers enacted major deficit reduction packages that reduced deficits in a more balanced way, without increasing poverty. Deficit reduction does not require the Scrooge-like, Gilded-Age policies that the Ryan plan embodies. Our nation and our people are better, and they deserve better.
And I love this clip:
Obama Presses Journalists On False Equivalence
Check out this great piece from Deaniac83 from The People’s View.
Dont’ get it twisted, MOFOs.