Make no mistake. The GOP doesn’t care about anything but giving tax cuts to the rich. They’d sell their mothers to Lucifer to get those tax cuts.
And, make no mistake, these are tax cuts FOR THE RICH.
Paid for by the destruction of the 20th Century.
I wrote before how they wanted to take away the local tax deductions.
A snippet of the new stuff:
The Pro-life party wants to end the tax credit for adoption.
Then, I found this one, which will hurt those trying to get PhD’s. Then again, we know how much they despise the educated.
Claus Wilke @ClausWilke
1. GOP tax bill would tax tuition wavers for grad students. This would be a disaster for US STEM PhD education.
2. Currently, STEM PhDs make about $30K per year and get tuition wavers. They can do their PhD without taking on debt, but barely so.
3. If they had to pay taxes on a calculated $50-$60K income (incl. tuition), the actual income would not cover living expenses anymore.
4. At that point, a PhD would not be a viable choice anymore, except for the independently wealthy.
5. Maybe private schools could somehow work around this by charging different tuition for grad students and undergrads.
6. But state schools would likely not be able to do that, due to various laws and regulations.
7. So, no more STEM PhDs at state schools in the US.
The GOP Is Proposing a 250 Percent Tax Hike on Millions of Americans
By David Cay Johnson
DC Report November 2, 2017, 1:28 PM GMT
The GOP just declared war on the strivers who start their own businesses.
Or to put it another way: The nice young couple who just opened their own independent coffee shop around the corner will likely be hit with a huge tax increase—as much as 250%—while the corporation that operates thousands of coffee shops all around the world is getting its taxes cut 43%.
The complicated new bill (remember when the GOP promised tax simplicity?) also lavishes federal tax favors on rich individuals and on those who live in low tax states.
No wonder the GOP developed the nearly 500-page tax bill in secret. Had the public’s business been conducted in public, this bill simply would not exist. But it may become law because, if there is anything we know about Washington in the age of Trump, it is that our elected leaders don’t listen to us, they listen to the political donor class, and in Trump’s case, to those advisers he says reside in his head.
So, here are some more parts of the ‘ tax plan’. Can’t be the GOP if they’re not trying to destroy healthcare.
As always, I will ask you to pick up the phone to save the 20th Century.
This is a tax scam. A giveaway to the richest in this country, at the expense of the middle class and the poor.