Tuesday Open Thread | ELECTION DAY

VOTE VOTE VOTE
44 Tells the Truth…did you listen last time? I did.

This entry was posted in Current Events, Open Thread, Politics and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

114 Responses to Tuesday Open Thread | ELECTION DAY

3. Claire McCaskill abandoned Black people in #Ferguson when #MichaelBrown was murdered, bash Democrats & called them crazy. She sided with Bob McCulloch and refused to call for a special prosecutor so don’t look for Black people to bail you out when you need a helping hand. BYE BOO

4. How can folks accept Beto’s loss when voting machines were changing votes to Ted Cruz? NO WAY! This need to be investigated. I don’t believe the results whatsoever and Ted Cruz’s win should not be accepted. We need a RECOUNT, dammit! #BetoForSenate

9. In my best southern drawl……Trump’s ass fixing to get checked!

Well, Andrew Gillum conceded.

Florida now will have another POS for a governor.

And McSally is ahead in Arizona. Results are not final.

Doug Ducey is crushing Democratic candidate David Garcia in the AZ governor’s race. I thought that would happen. I think it helped McSally.

SMDH.

Holy shyt!!

Nobody told me that Lauren Underwood WON!!! In IL-14
    OMG!
    Wow

Healthcare was her issue. Every one of her ads was about healthcare

12. Maxine Waters on Trump: ‘We’ve got to stop his ass’

13. Democrats take control of the House. Guess who will chair the House Financial Services Committee? Maxine Waters! And she will have the power to subpoena Donald Trump’s bank records.

This is Maxine Waters when she subpoena Trump’s financial records…….

15. My heart is crushed. BETO! BETO! BETO! 😢😢😢😢😢

19. I do not believe this ISH in Texas. No fucking way.

26. BREAKING

29. Oh God!

34. I’m getting nervous, folks!

What a day. Below I list 10 active criminal investigations into the EU referendum. And @nytimes now reporting that Special Counsel Robert Mueller is investigating @arron_banks’ contacts with Russian Embassy. Will of…which people? https://t.co/xiM8r9sSlM— Carole Cadwalladr (@carolecadwalla) November 7, 2018

Comstock is gone
    magic number now down to 22

well…well….

Kim Davis appears to have lost. The clerk in Rowan County, Ky., became a folk hero to social conservatives after refusing to issue same-sex marriage licenses. She trails Democrat Elwood Caudill by 54 to 46 percent, with 89 percent of precincts reporting

— GOVERNING (@GOVERNING) November 7, 2018

UH HUH

UH HUH

Between November 4th and 5th, 40 percent of “MAGA” tweets came from automated accounts. 40 PERCENT https://t.co/FOnCaTiJIH— Mother Jones (@MotherJones) November 6, 2018

UPDATE: A state district judge has ordered Harris County to keep nine polling locations open an extra hour: https://t.co/M6qA90Djqy #Midterms2018 #ElectionDay These are the locations: pic.twitter.com/ScMDMPzNnO— Alexa Ura (@alexazura) November 6, 2018

47. God don’t like ugly………………

Whew Lord, if Stacey Abrahams takeS that paddle to Kemp, I’m gonna throw me a BIG ASS PARTY!

And you’re all invited. LOL

A check-in from Kansas

philpmsays:

November 6, 2018 at 6:31 pm

When I voted at noon, I was #444 at my precinct in the north part of Kansas City, MO. I usually don’t see those kinds of numbers until 5 PM or later. Nice to see people are engaged this time.

Found this in the comments at BJ

Stopped at three precincts on the Fort Berthold Indian Reservation in North Dakota. All were close to the total vote from 2016 already and there are still more than two hours before they close.

51. Liked by 2 people

53. Watching MSNBC and a reporter asked a white woman in Florida who did she support and the woman said she didn’t want to get into the whole Trump thing but she was sooo NOT Gillum.

This is funny…

TELL IT, O!!

Oprah fires back at racist robocall: ‘Jesus don’t like ugly’

Avery Anapol

Oprah Winfrey on Monday responded to a white supremacist group targeting her and Georgia gubernatorial candidate Stacey Abrams in a robocall to voters.

“Jesus don’t like ugly,” she said of the robocall in an Instagram video.

“I heard people were making racist robocalls in my name against Stacey Abrams, who I am one hundred percent for, in Georgia,” Winfrey says. “I just want to say: Jesus don’t like ugly … And we know what to do about that: vote. Tomorrow show up and show out, and vote.”

57. Hey Chicas. I want y’all to check out this thread and then check it against my thread posted on November 3rd and tell me what you think.

Voting Rights | Martyrs For The Right To Vote

58. Why does @MSNBC have @hughhewitt on the tv? Of all the people who they could have on to discuss the election and they go with Hugh Hewitt? For crying out loud, STOP IT!

Good Morning Beautiful 3 Chics Family Friends!

I voted this morning in Minnesota. Took me 15 minutes to fill out my PAPER BALLOT.

GET OUT THERE & VOTE, MY PEEPS!

Good morning, y’all.

Happy Election Day. We’ve waited two years for this.

I had three robo-calls from the Arizona Republican Party in the last two days. The most recent one was from Sheriff Joe himself and he was off the rails, sounded crazy.

61. Liked by 2 people

62. Pamela Aguirre is all of us. “We still have a chance to have a decent country and a decent relationship with other people”. #TeamBeto #BetoForSenate #BetoForTexas

VOTE @BetoORourke Texans!

I am a great-aunt.

My oldest niece had her daughter finally – 11 days after the due date.
    She’s 7 pounds, 6 ounces, and my sister says she had a pair of lungs on her :)
    First baby in our family in a decade.
    Welcome, little Yolanda.
    Can’t wait to meet you.

……………

After early voting ended Monday evening, the Chicago Board of Election Commissioners said a total of 223,548 early voting ballots were cast this year, a 96 percent increase from the 2014 midterm election.

……………………….

Cook County Clerk David Orr said as of 4 p.m. Sunday, a record-shattering 238,425 early in-person suburban Cook County voters had cast their ballot – an 86.2 percent increase from 2014. Orr said the north and west suburbs particularly saw high early voting numbers, in which upwards of 30 percent of registered voters have already cast their ballot.

…………….

66. yahtzeebutterfly says:

Trump asks Supreme Court to bypass lower courts and rule on DACA”

Nov. 5, 2018
    Excerpt:

“The Trump administration took the rare step Monday of asking the U.S. Supreme Court to bypass lower courts — particularly the federal appeals court in San Francisco — and directly review lawsuits challenging the president’s repeal of a program shielding 700,000 young, undocumented immigrants from deportation…

“Federal judges in San Francisco and New York have barred President Trump from eliminating DACA, and appeals of those rulings are pending in appellate courts in both cities, along with another case in Washington, D.C. Francisco asked the Supreme Court to remove all three cases from the appeals courts in early January, hear them in April and rule by the end of the court’s current term in June.”

68. Liked by 3 people

71. Heads up, people. Williamson Co. election judge in Round Rock Texas yelling at a voter who was confused about where to vote. WTF? She blames it on working 12 hour days for 2 weeks.

Yeah right!

76. Liked by 2 people

“Racism — whether it comes packaged in the Nazi’s brown shirt or a three-button suit — destroys the moral fiber of a nation. It poisons public life. So I would urge every American to ask himself before he goes to the polls on Tuesday: Do I want to cast my vote on the basis of fear? Do I want to follow the merchants of bigotry?”

– LBJ

Good Morning, Everyone 😄😄😄

85. Our little Carson is scared of the weed eater. He doesn’t like that sound. It makes him cry.

💋💋💋💋💋

86. We’re having an election watch party. Fried chicken wings, beef tostadas, cheese dip, guacamole, sausage wraps, brownies and dr pepper.

89. Good morning, everyone!

#ElectionDay I’ve been waiting on this day since 2016. It’s been a long time coming but here it is, people. #VoteDem. Take someone with you to the polls, offer a ride to someone who needs one. Stay in line, take a snack, water & folding chair. #VoteBlue