UPDATE WITH ZIMMERMAN ON THE STAND
O’MARA IS ASKING THAT GZ be allowed to reside out of state
Zimmerman is being granted $150,000.00 BAIL
NO CONTACT WITH TRAYVON’S FAMILY& NO INTERMEDIARY CONTACT!
HE WILL NOT BE RELEASED TODAY
TO HAVE GPS
TO HAVE ELECTRONIC DEVICE
7PM-6 AM CURFEW
ADVISE COUNSEL OF LOCATION Q 3 DAYS
MEDIA CAN VIEW COURT RECORDS
We’ll post a video when/if available
GEORGE ZIMMERMAN SITS IN COURT AWAITING JUDGES DECISION ON BAIL9 days ago Geroge Zimmerman was arrested for second degree murder for the shooting of Trayvon Martin February 26. It tok 45 days to get the arrest.
APRIL 11, 2012 ARREST HERE:
(CBS News) SANFORD, Fla. – George Zimmerman is set to come face to face with the parents of Trayvon Martin for the first time Friday at a court hearing that could result in his release on bond.
Zimmerman has been behind bars since his arrest nine days ago, charged with second-degree murder in the shooting death of the unarmed 17-year-old. He has claimed self-defense in the deadly Feb. 26 encounter. Martin’s parents, Tracy Martin and Sybrina Fulton, believe their son was murdered in cold blood.
On Friday, Mark O’Mara, Zimmerman’s attorney, will ask a Florida judge to free his client on bond pending the trial, though he has expressed concerns about Zimmerman’s safety.
“I don’t think he needs to or should stay in jail while this case is pending. I want him out and safe, and I’m not sure where safe is going to be yet.”
Key dates in the Martin case
26 February: Trayvon Martin is fatally shot and police do not arrest the shooter, George Zimmerman
- 16 March: Recordings of 911 calls made before the shooting are released to Martin’s parents, they demand for Mr Zimmerman’s arrest
- 22 March: Sanford Police Chief Bill Lee “temporarily” steps down and Seminole County State Attorney Norman Wolfinger stands aside from the investigation amid mounting calls for the prosecution of Mr Zimmerman
- 23 March: US President Barack Obama identifies with the Martin family and says if he had a son he would have looked like Trayvon Martin
- 10 April: Mr Zimmerman’s lawyers withdraw as his counsel and say they lost contact with him two days earlier
- 11 April: George Zimmerman taken into custody and charged with second-degree murder
Should Zimmerman be granted bail?
LOOKS LIKE JUDGE KENNETH LESTER THINKS SO!
How many times will Trayvon’s parents be subjected to the slights of injustice here?
Tracy Martin & Syrina Fulton make statements to the media on Zimmerman’s being granted bail.