Obamacare is already helping millions of Americans save money and live healthier lives, and thanks to yesterday’s ruling, it will help millions more in the years to come. Blogs across the country are reacting by sharing what havinghealth care will mean for them – below are some of the stories.
CHECK OUT THESE BLOGS:
· Drums n’ Whistles: “Wonkery and politics aside, it’s time for everyone including the news media to communicate the truth: There is nothing evil about giving everyone access to health care. Nothing. It is apeople issue. Not political. Not taxes. Not fiscal. It’s about people. Period. http://bit.ly/NJZWeH
· The Daily Banter: Why the Healthcare Ruling is Important to You:“So the beneficiaries of ‘Obamacare’ are basically pretty much everyone.” http://bit.ly/LJ7weA
· Nevada Progressive: How Today’s ACA Ruling Matters Going Forward “And then, there’s the practical aspect. We have the 33 million Americans who will finally soon have health care.” http://bit.ly/MvkwDF
· The AmericanProspect: Who Won the Fight over Obamacare? “The most important thing about today’s landmark ruling on the Affordable Care Act has nothing to do with Barack Obama or Mitt Romney and everything to do with the millions of people who willgain health insurance—or keep it—as a result of the Court’s decision.” http://bit.ly/OFFuAB
· Mother Jones: 10 Things You Get Now That Obamacare Survived: http://bit.ly/MYyb16
· Jack & Jill Politics: SCOTUS Ruling Is A Victory Not Just For Obamacare But For People’s Lives http://bit.ly/KHJ9I1
· Blue Mass Group: “Today’s historic Supreme Court decision is the first step in realizing the promise of the Affordable Care Act here in Massachusetts. But to preserve today’s gains, we have to make the right decision at the ballot box in November.” http://bit.ly/OFFksS
· The Progressive Pulse: “While the politics today are important – conservative chief justice upholding the President’s signature policy achievement – the affect on the real people in North Carolina who desperately need affordable health coverage is far more important.” http://bit.ly/LJ7kMs
· Jezebel: What Does the Supreme Court Ruling on Obamacare Mean for Your Vagina?http://bit.ly/N2LRfo
· MOMocrats: Adear writer friend says:”THANK YOU SUPREME COURT. http://on.fb.me/Mct6Ia
· Dadding: Supreme Court AllowsFamilies a Sigh of Relief: http://bit.ly/NbLqv9
· CT News Junkie: Supreme Court UpholdsObamacare; Saves Connecticut Millions: http://bit.ly/LzTvcM
· Blue Hampshire: By The Numbers – the Affordable Care Act in New Hampshire: http://bit.ly/N2LPUN
· PunditMom: Supreme Court and “Obamacare”: A Win/Win for American Families: http://bit.ly/MFPBkl
· Strollerderby: 15 Things Obama Wants You To Know About the Affordable Heath Care Act: Obamacare Simplified: http://bit.ly/OFEFro
· The Jed Report: Forward with President Obama or backward with Mitt Romney?: http://bit.ly/MECq50
Reddit: I am Republican, prepared to vote for Obama: http://bit.ly/Llf8zv
STFU Conservatives: “When you break the ACA down into provisions – no lifetime caps for coverage, no denying people for preexisting conditions, allowing people to stay on theirparents’ insurance until they’re 26 – Americans are overwhelmingly in favor of it. But the ideologues on the Right have decided that anything Obama does is bad, so this is bad, so they drive the message that it’s all about death panels and government intrusion and LIBERTY!!! when actually, it’s about common-sense changes to a broken system.” http://bit.ly/N23EBi
*BOTTOM LINE: THERE IS NO TAX; IT’S A PENALTY FOR FOLKS WHO DON’T HAVE INSURANCE, BUT MIGHT WANT TO FREELOAD, i.e, TRIPS TO E.R
THE SYSTEM BRINGS THESE FOLKS IN TO PAY THEIR SHARE. IT’S THE REPSONSIBLE THING TO DO HERE. AND IT ONLY AFFECTS ABOUT 1-2% OF THE POPULATION.
PASS ON GOOD INFORMATION HERE, AND HELP STAMP OUT THE LIES AND HYPE. THANK YOU!